Debs Daily Deliberations 259 - The Abseil

1 minute read time.

......no not me silly, Mr B my neuro-surgeon distinctly told me (amongst other things) NO LADDERS.  So that was it, I couldn't abseil, even if I wanted to as to get to the top of the water tower, one had to climb a spiral staircase and the last part was some dodgy old ladder.......what a shame I had to watch from the ground (phewwwwwwww).

I just wanted to share with all my Mac Friends, how proud I am of my husband Tony and my eldest son Jack (only one old enough to do it) for abseiling the Church Langley Water Tower on Saturday 30th April, together with the other instructor Paul from our karate club.  We raised over £600 in a week for the Samantha Dickson Brain Tumour Trust and some very generous donations came from my Mac Friends, for that I thank you from the heart of my bottom.......ack you know what I mean Wink

Here's the guys before they set off (bear in mind that Paul is scared of heights, he did this before, but it's taken him 8 years to get the courage up to do it again - so I am really proud of our friend).

Paul heading over the rails

on his way down

then it was my husbands turn, he loved it - wants to do Canary Wharf next year now Confused

note that the men left the 17 year old up there till last, how gallant of them! but Jack has done smaller abseils a few times before and took it in his stride.

just to give some perspective of how high it really is, this is Jack without zooming in.....

I am so proud I could burst.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

way to go guys i am nervous just looking at the pics lol you should be very proud :)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You must be so proud of them xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Please don't burst! Essex can't afford the clean up - what with all the cuts and all. A pretty impressive achievement - I used to wrok off ladders years ago but couldn't do it now. £600 in a week is pretty good going as well.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Debs, not only should  you feel so proud of your family/friend, you should be sooooo proud of  yourself too for raising £600 in a time when finances are so tough for us all.  God bless your girl, from the heart of my bottom! Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Debs,

They are all off their heads. I wouldnt do that for a Million Pounds. Looking out the window makes me go dizzy.

They all deserve a medal. Hope you are keeping well.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx