Debs Daily Deliberations 259 - The Abseil

1 minute read time.

......no not me silly, Mr B my neuro-surgeon distinctly told me (amongst other things) NO LADDERS.  So that was it, I couldn't abseil, even if I wanted to as to get to the top of the water tower, one had to climb a spiral staircase and the last part was some dodgy old ladder.......what a shame I had to watch from the ground (phewwwwwwww).

I just wanted to share with all my Mac Friends, how proud I am of my husband Tony and my eldest son Jack (only one old enough to do it) for abseiling the Church Langley Water Tower on Saturday 30th April, together with the other instructor Paul from our karate club.  We raised over £600 in a week for the Samantha Dickson Brain Tumour Trust and some very generous donations came from my Mac Friends, for that I thank you from the heart of my bottom.......ack you know what I mean Wink

Here's the guys before they set off (bear in mind that Paul is scared of heights, he did this before, but it's taken him 8 years to get the courage up to do it again - so I am really proud of our friend).

Paul heading over the rails

on his way down

then it was my husbands turn, he loved it - wants to do Canary Wharf next year now Confused

note that the men left the 17 year old up there till last, how gallant of them! but Jack has done smaller abseils a few times before and took it in his stride.

just to give some perspective of how high it really is, this is Jack without zooming in.....

I am so proud I could burst.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My God your heart must have been in your mouth Debs...i can hardly bear to look at the photo of Jack without the zooming in bit!!! eeek I have a serious phobia of heights and like Sarsfield I feel dizzy looking out of a window lol

No wonder you`re proud :)  well done all your men

love scarlet xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wells done Debs to you and your family. I did go on the zip wire at Holiday Village in Egypt, which for me was like bungy jumping!!!!!!

Take care love Kaz x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Next time we drive on the M11 past that water tower I'll think of you and yours - a big WELL DONE to all. I can do heights if I'm in a plane or on something solid, but I struggle with the three steps on our step-ladder! Love and hugs, Val X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Bravo to the guys mate, I couldn't do that if I tried, I have enough trouble getting to the top of my stairs!!!! Hope you are ok mate, sending love and hugs your way...Carol xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

that water tower was built on the development I live on, so give us a wave Val ;)

yes Carol my lovely, I am still annoying people as much as poss.  More importantly, how are you???