A little rant

1 minute read time.

Just ignore this post. Just needed to get this out of my system.

My sister came round on Wednesday evening and said that some of the people who we used to do Ten Pin bowling with have been asking after how David is, and suggested that he come up to the bowling alley to say hello.

The league we bowled in start at 10pm at night, we have 3 young children who at the latest stay up till 9pm (except on new years eve). I would have to take them and David. Also David's walking is not very good, and he really struggles outside of the house. He would feel very uncomfortable, and the kids would play up because they would be very tired.

Why can't people think before they say things. She didn't have to ask about David going to the bowl, she should have thought about it and told them he was unable to do it.

I feel so drained and tired, I am losing patience with the children. I only have to do the weekly shopping for a couple of hours and I sleep for the afternoon. I have numerous blood test and there is nothing wrong - the GP told me I am normal!

How can sleeping every afternoon be normal???????

The kids were off school today because it is an inset day, and next week is Half term then the following Monday is ANOTHER inset day. Thats 11 days (including weekends) with the little monsters.

I can foresee that we will not make it, I have asked, begged, pleaded with them to be more co-operative and play nicely together, rather than keep arguing and fighting. I cannot be in the same room with them all the time I have other things I need to do such as housework and cooking. Not to mention running around after David!

Better go and try and finish getting the house tidy for tomorrow (family coming over for our daughters 10th birthday) and I have not been on top of things recently, much to David's annoyance - another side affect of the steriods he is more aware of what I am not doing never mind what I have been running around looking after him.

It amazes me how much crap comes through the door, and how quickly piles build up when you are not on top of sorting and binning the rubbish and filing the bills.

Rant over.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you all for your kind words.

David notices the housework, and moans - my attitude to housework is summed up simply y a couple of fridge magnets I have:

Housework can't kill you, by why take the chance.

and

I understand the concepts of Cooking and Cleaning, just not how they apply to me.

I know he nags me to do it, because he is worried about what will happen when he isn't here anymore. I also know it frustrates him because if he could he would do it.

Both he and his mum were very house proud, unfortunatly my mum wasn't.

But the kids have helped to take all their toys to their rooms and tidy their rooms and my middle son (aged 8) put the vacum cleaner round - he even did the cobwebs in the corners of the ceilings (takes after his dad for that).

Thank you all.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ha ha Sue!!

I have a fridge magnet that says:

"You can look at my dust, but please don't write in it"!!!!

But I love your fridge magnets too!

Maureen  xxx