Whoops I did it again!

2 minute read time.

The title is not a reference to the Britney Spears single (though I did like her in that video for Toxic when she wore virtually nowt) it is because I am blogging again and, well you'll see!

So Thurs night was all about getting the broken dishwasher out of the kitchen ready for tomorrow's new arrival. Now W had said to me "pay the extra money so they (Comet) take it all out and fit the new one", no way I can do it easy. So I start to pull out the said appliance and then realise what will happen if I take out the drainage pipe. "Ummm W if I take it out tonight you can't use the sink till the new one is in, so I'll do it in the morning". So I push the aforementioned appliance back in it's home and OMG I've tore a 2" hole in the lino. Will W notice I wonder? (That should go in the dumb questions forum!) So that is the WHOOPS!

Friday morning and it has to come out, the dishwasher that is. No matter how hard I tried the pipes wouldn't stay in the bucket so smelly water everywhere (another WHOOPS!). I am doing this in my dressing gown and bagov schitt is getting in the way and I really could do with a drain myself. Finally the dishwasher is out and in the back garden, and I can get ready for work and more meetings about big sales opportunities.....

Back home, after a sneaky bacon butty, to fit the now delivered new appliance. After 15 mins of relieving said appliance of it's packaging which filled my black bin, it was a doddle to fit. So finally on goes the drainage pipe and guess what? Its a different size to the old one!!!! Off to BnQ and get 4 Jubilee clips cos usually I get the wrong size, back home and yes it is done. Now the technical stuff I leave to W (how to fill it up and turn it on).

OK now this is it, I am feeling good about stuff and I am going to go for a run, ok a jog. I used to run 4 miles but after about 300yds I realise that aint going to happen. Still just over 2 miles in 25 mins and my first run since my OP in Jan. So that is the AGAIN! Even better news W agrees to celebrate by going to the pub for a couple of drinks later, as long as I drive, ha!

Looking forward to the weekend.

Tim

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

You lot are funny f&ckers!

I woke up at 3am with cramp in my right leg, and my shoulders aching so much that I don't think I can help LM (sniggers back)!

What I failed to say was the bacon buttie was prepared for me in the office by a nice lady in accounts, it's a Friday thing!

Daisybun, I'm just imaging that door falling off, lmaro!

The lino has been glued back in, and I have taken the Sunny view on this so I might make some more holes and no I won't replace the Lino Helen ;-)

Going swimming in a bit with my youngest daughter, should shake the latic acid out of me. I'll et you know if I can do a width!

Tim x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Water was freezing so had to constantly swim to keep warm!

Bagov schitt stayed on but did want to say hello, my daughter kept telling me to pull my shorts up!

Tim

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

OK Tim, you are just showing off. I suppose W could afford more to drink seeing as you saved all that money at Comet. Some poor person was deprived of a job there! LOL

When I've said that I can't go very fast my kids reply that I couldn't before Murraymint hit (Hodgkins) and they have a point there, although I could walk reasonable distances at a brisk pace. I did a 5 mile walk in the Malverns this weekend....pretty knackered at the end, but we did stop off at a pub part of the way and I had a couple of glasses of wine.

Glad you did the embarrassing Dad bit at the swimming baths. Perhaps there are some Simon Cowell style trunks that you could get hold of...or the Edwardian style stripey ones. Perhaps you could make a fortune making swimwear for people with baggies???

Funny tale for just your eyes.....I went away with my friends this weekend and was sharing a twin room with one of them. In the middle of the night I could hear all this moaning (must have been loud as I didn't have hearing aids in!). Was she having a dream about a passionate encounter?? What should I do??? I asked if she was ok, but as she is going deaf I didn't get a reply, so switched on the light. She'd got cramp in her leg. Well, after trying to get her to flex her toes, get her out of bed to walk around, there was only one thing for it...I ended up massaging her leg.

I guess when you update you will be telling us that you did a triathlon this weekend. Well now I've exercised my fingers, I'm going to exercise my right arm tonight! Oh! and my husband is out for the day so have got to move the last of the furniture for the carpet layers tomorrow.

xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

OK Tim, you are just showing off. I suppose W could afford more to drink seeing as you saved all that money at Comet. Some poor person was deprived of a job there! LOL

When I've said that I can't go very fast my kids reply that I couldn't before Murraymint hit (Hodgkins) and they have a point there, although I could walk reasonable distances at a brisk pace. I did a 5 mile walk in the Malverns this weekend....pretty knackered at the end, but we did stop off at a pub part of the way and I had a couple of glasses of wine.

Glad you did the embarrassing Dad bit at the swimming baths. Perhaps there are some Simon Cowell style trunks that you could get hold of...or the Edwardian style stripey ones. Perhaps you could make a fortune making swimwear for people with baggies???

Funny tale for just your eyes.....I went away with my friends this weekend and was sharing a twin room with one of them. In the middle of the night I could hear all this moaning (must have been loud as I didn't have hearing aids in!). Was she having a dream about a passionate encounter?? What should I do??? I asked if she was ok, but as she is going deaf I didn't get a reply, so switched on the light. She'd got cramp in her leg. Well, after trying to get her to flex her toes, get her out of bed to walk around, there was only one thing for it...I ended up massaging her leg.

I guess when you update you will be telling us that you did a triathlon this weekend. Well now I've exercised my fingers, I'm going to exercise my right arm tonight! Oh! and my husband is out for the day so have got to move the last of the furniture for the carpet layers tomorrow.

xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello again Stinker,

I have only just seen your post, I don't seem to be getting emails anymore advising comments have been made, and what with the previous site speed I couldn't get to see much.

I assure you I will be no triathlete,but I want to do a half marathon for charity, maybe next year if all goes well. I have my "special" shorts I bought and yep they are Simon Cowell jobs, but I have also got some of those Haiwan big baggy shorts which cover the bag. My daughter kept pointing out to me when they were slipping down and the bag was just showing, she was more concerned than me!

I loved that story about the cramp, and whilst one shouldn't mock the afflicted, two people hard of hearing in the same room, well that is a recipe for a barrell of laughs!

Tim