I think I may need to stand in something.....

2 minute read time.

Howdy,

Here I am 2 weeks on still waiting for my CT scan results, I have rung the hospital but they just say I am not a priority and don't panic. I'm not panicking, I just want to know!

Last week I had the pleasure of some sort of virus which is still kicking around. I got back in work Tuesday (after a little bit of fishing Monday with a mate to cheer me up, it did) to find out that one of my work colleagues had lost his very short battle with cancer. Today I tried contacting a few people he used to work with to let them have the funeral details, and of course I sent a few emails. Within 10 mins I had a call from one of the guys who said "I see you emailed M, he won't reply because he is off work sick with testicular cancer"......

So that is another friend of mine with the dreaded C, I got him into fishing many years ago and although he doesn't go so much these days we always try to keep in touch. I gave him a call today, and he was in hospital having chemo and happy to chat. He's a real live wire and is well up for the fight, and I wished him luck. He didn't ring me before to tell me he had c cos he didn't think it was the sort of thing you did.

I then popped out for lunch to meet an old boss of mine. When I went back to work I noticed I had 2 missed calls on my mobile (I never heard it ring in the pub!) and a voice message. It was a call from the hospital waiting list department, asking me to ring back about my reversal op. I rang back and was told "Oh we had a cancellation and we could have done your op this Friday, but we couldn't get hold of you and so we asked someone else". Feck me I rang them back after 50 mins, they didn't WAIT very long! I was just a bit taken aback and laughed down the phone and said "thanks then, bye!" Anyway stuff em, I don't want an op now till after Xmas, as who knows how my bottom will react to having to, well, do stuff again after nearly a year of clean living!

Off to Manchester tomorrow for another funeral, caused by ... well I don't have to say do I. Works Xmas party Sat night, what better way to have fun.

Please don't think I'm down by the way, I have got used to all the bad stuff now and am ploughing on. However, and it has been said by others but I have to say it, I cannot wait to see the back of 2011.

Tight Lines

Tim xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi my friends!

Just getting ready for the journey to Manchester, spare clothes, spare bags, just in case I have a baggy incident!

I'm glad I've got you lot on my side, cos I really don't want the op this side of Xmas, not that everyone else I know agrees with me! Anyway, bugger them, it's my bum.  Oops, that sounds a bit warped!

Thank you all for the comments, they made me laugh! I'm really not down about things at all and am looking forward to getting some serious eating and drinking done starting Saturday night!

Tight Lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tim,

To reiterate the feelings of the rest of you albove.  Good riddance and hurry up and just Fuck off 2011.  My rabbit list has been truly re-evaluated for shitty Christmas now!!  Can't believe I was harping on about 14 to dinner etc. hehe quite irronicle really.

Glad the decision was taken from you about the reversal, even though the hossie only gave you a 50 min window (tossers). It meant you didn't actually have to think about it even when you knew it would have been a bad idea.  It's just not the right timing is it??  Whereas work party and drink and food and relaxation IS.

And here here to our hobbies, they are very theraputic, what would we do without 'em. Or family, or friends, or pets for that matter.

Oh forgot a bit.  The CT Scan wait is bloody ridiculous, routine non urgent MY ARSE (oops just remembered I haven't got one).  But hey ho it's out of your hands, so wait you must.

Take care

Love Jan xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tim

I agree with everything everyone said, fcuk off 2011 and roll on 2012 and a better year for everyone

Hugs and spoons xxxx