I did it!

2 minute read time.

Second attempt since I lost the lot first time (this thing said I had exceeded the blog limit when I have never done 1).

I have been on this website since I was diagnosed with rectal cancer back in August 2010. However, I have only ever really spent my time in the bowel cancer and baggies section, and have met lots of great people. Then very recently I was invited to look at this lunatics blog (Little My) and she opened my eyes up to a brand new world. This was the place I had been looking for all those times I had things to say but no one to say them to, gutted or what! But I don't look back, but then I can't really look forward much yet but hope to be able to do so one day.

I have been a bit scared to write something, trouble being a Virgo and a damned perfectionist! But now I get it, it doesn't matter on here, you can write what you want and say how you feel because we are all in the same boat and it can help you and maybe you can help others. I am helped lots by others rants or ramblings. I know I'm probably saying what you all know, but that's the point, and if nobody does read it that's OK too! Yippee I am as dizzy as Ken Dodd in a feather duster factory.

OK so I am by nature a positive person (didn't need cancer to know that) and happy go lucky, I love fishing and have many great friends from this (I am a match angler so win a bit of dosh sometimes). But right here and now it is time to dump some stuff....

When the doc confirmed I had cancer I thought when will I die. I had to cancel the family holiday that was booked for 5 days time, and I cried all the way home and when I walked thru the door. But great friends at work and fishing and family helped loads and it was the classic one day at a time. I love my wife and 2 daughters to bits and I worry about them, not me. I have 2 work colleagues who are both off with breast cancer, another guy I work with his wife has breast cancer. Then today another work mate rings up and says they found an 8cm tumour on my liver. Will you just pi55 off cancer and give us all some space!!!! But I know it won't (insert nasty swearwords).

Thursday last my 3 year old niece is diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, poor mite and poor mum have a long journey ahead. Then on Monday my wife's grandfather was moving house, a couple of men were buying his place. As he waves goodbye to the removal van his phone rings, one of the men buying his house has died...... I am not making this up!

I think that's enough for now, don't want to bore you. As I finish this I am raising my glass to each and everyone of you, oh no bugger it, I spilt me beer.

Tight lines

Tim x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi!

That was a good long blog so I know you'll survive LM's and my longer ones!

I'm smiling feebly through chemo#3 fog today but be back at it in no time!

*chink* raises glasses to another nutbag xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You'll find that you can unload all sorts of stuff here and we are all loonies....is it the meds???....but we are there for the rough days as well as the good ones.

If you read my details you will read that I am a good news story...took a long time, but got there in the end.

Glad you found the other group as well...Little My is a bad influence!

xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tim! Welcome aboard, nice to meet you. You did make me giggle, although I have to say that I'll not be applying for a job at your work, it seems to have the most appalling luck when it comes to cancer. It's funny how once you or your family have a brush with it, you suddenly find out that half the people you know seem to be struggling with it. Sodding disease. xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

OK this is a sneaky relpy, cos I'm in work and they would go mental if they knew I was on here!!!!!

Thanks all so much, wonderful comments.

Little My you are awful....ly funny!

Daisybun - showing your age, lol.

Cariad9, stinker and VicolaW I will read up on you all as soon as I get the chance I promise.

My boss has just come in (he's the MD) gotta go.

Tim x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Tim, you'll have to get one of LM's cancer cards for when your boss walks in and catches you here!

Wonder how much productivity has been lost through people visiting Macland during work hours? Tee hee hee!

As I had to retire I have to sneak on when hubby is not about.....my secret vice :-0 ...cos i can say things here that I can't say to anyone else.

XXX