Charity Ball for Loons

Less than one minute read time.

The Charity Ball is on.

I must confess to having had nothing to do with the organisation of the ball thus far, it is all being done by a friend of mine (who had testicular cancer) and his wife, but they asked if I would like to have a charity supported at the event. So today I have found out the details (it's not cheap but then it is for charity.)

Sat 11th February. It will support two charities Orchid (cancer in Men) and Macmillan.

Grange Hotel Winterbourne (Ramada have just sold it!)  Will this link work below???? http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=15770&brandInfo=RA

Tickets £35 each. Special room rate of £70 and you can check in early and have free use of the leisure facilities (indoor pool and other stuff). The aim is to sell tables of 10.

This hotel is not in the centre of Bristol (I thought it would be same hotel as last time I went) but the centre of Bristol is about 7 miles away. Train station close by and not far from the motorway.

Tight Lines

Tim

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh hoorah! Surely us warped could rustle together a table of 10?

What bugs me is for us lot it is so hard to plan anything in the future... but assuming GCs don't make me do other things, I am in!!!

I love the idea of us having a get together and happy to help you out with a speech Tim. I am good at making people cry!

Oh much is ready.. gotta go see you in a bit

LM xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm not a 'ball' person, but it does sound like fun. I'd love to meet all the 'warped' crew, and if I came, I'd love to make a weekend of it! However, I'm only just beginning to believe I can plan for Christmas, so February seems a long way off right now. I will be asking about 'time' again, so will try and get back to you.

I'm sure 'warped' could manage one table at the very least!

Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Would love to support, and am crazy enough if there are enough of the warped group, but still a very scary thought, putting faces and blogs together, and not being as crazy as I might come across here. I'm really quite ordinairy :-(

Will see what the coming months bring

Louise xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh, I wish I could go to the ball!

/Cinders

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Here's hoping we can all make it to the ball, even you cinders!!

hugs xx