A Bad day? Well no, not in the bigger picture.

2 minute read time.

Friday was just one of those days!

The day started well and I completed my last 2 staff appraisals which went very well. Then things started to go a bit off the rails.... I feel at the moment as if I have one arm tied behind my back, a patch over my eye, and the rest of the "tool box" is empty when it comes to doing my job for customers. When I explain the issues to the "powers that be" they say they will fix it (same thing for 5 years) or I am making excuses, so it seems I am the meat in the sandwich.

Oh but hang on things are looking up, I get Kauto Star in the office sweepstake.....Oh dear the poor thing is pulled up.

Never mind I go home early (glad I can on a Friday) and am looking forward to a nice meal out with my wife and girls. A nice place, and it is Mothers day / my last night out with baggy celebration. All goes well until one of my girls somehow knocks a large amount of lasagne my way, shirt and trousers now a nice orange colour! Oh well one of those days, the food was nice as was the wine.

Come home finish the wine and relax and off to bed. Sometime later I awake and oh no baggy has leaked, that is only the 2nd time this has happened in bed!

I did get a bit peed off, but I reckon that the thought of the impending op may be playing on my mind a little. However, this morning I have come to my senses. All of the above is just little bits of stuff sent to try us, living with cancer is something you have to deal with every day. People on here are going through big ordeals and tough stuff right now. Puts the events of my day into insignificance, and so now it's all gone away and the smile is back.

My wife and 2 girls have all joined up to do the race for life (they are not runners so this will be a real effort), which I must admit brought a lump to my throat and that damn dust in my eyes.

Onwards and upwards, hope LM's op was a success and that EMs is still on track for the SCT. Thanks to everyone on here for your support, and good luck to every one of you.

Tight lines

Tim xxx (Giving them out again Odin)

p.s. Oh yes and I am going fishing (that will be it for a while now!) on Mothers Day, which is why I did all the Mothers Day stuff Friday and more today.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hey there my partner in crime!! One half of the dynamic DYSON duo is ready for action!!! You next. Hahaa as you know I have crap at work too and it can get you down but you are a lovely bloke Tim and don't deserve crap and like me you can usually see the funny side of it. Save a couple of bagov schitts for throwing at those that need it:) I am drugged up to my eyeballs on morphine and have no idea what I am rambling on about. Combined with my phone correcting my spellings in random fashion I suspect this makes no sense at all!! Anyway glad you enjoyed mothers day early and got extra lasagne free and you get to go fishing on mothers day. That was a Jammy move. And hurry up and join me in the DYSON stakes I don't know why my phone keeps making DYSON in capitals! Must be cos we are important ! I nearly ended up with your baggy hahaa that would have been mad but seem to have escaped. Not spoken to the doc yet but there is a dressing and no bag so guessing its all ok big hugs and light tines to you little my you can see why they keep me away from the drugs cabinet eh? Cxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the kisses!

I think dealing with cancer and its aftermath uses up a lot of our patience and emotional energy, ands other things in life which would normally be just irritating and we would take in our stride we don't have the energy or inclination to deal with anymore.

I'm not surprised you are thinking about the op, but at least it will then be bye bye baggy! LM has done it so I'm sure you can.

LM is right in that you are too lovely a person to be getting this crap, but hey that's life isn't it.

Don't forget you've got cruton and her army to see you safely through the operation; whenever you see a green wheelie bin - you never know! (Clue: Look for the eyes peering from under a slightly raised lid).

Glad to see you active LM, how's boot camp?

Big hugs to both of you, but kisses only to LM,

Odin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tim,

Some days you wish you'd stayed in bed, well out of the way of life's slings & arrows! As you said, there are people going through worse, but that doesn't immediately leap into your mind when things are getting you down. Glad to hear you're feeling chipper again today.

From what LM has said it seems the worst part of the Dyson op is the waiting, everything else is a drug-induced breeze! Hope she's keeping the bed warm for you.

Love & hugs,

Annie xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Tim,

I guess we all get those sort of days when everything seems to be going against us, it's sometimes the proverbial camel and all that ......... ? But we pick ourselves up and carry on 'cause we find the strength and encouragement from somewhere.

I am glad that you enjoyed the early Mother's Day celebrations - despite the extra portion of lasagne - so have a good day fishing in peace.

It won't be long until you join Little My and make up the other half of the Dynamic Dyson Duo ....... so keep your chin up, pet !

Love and hugs, Joycee xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Troubles never come singly. (Something something something whole battalions.) Cliches are cliches because they're true! Sometimes they're big things, sometimes it's lots of smaller things (I typed 'smeller') that just build up and build UP, and that's almost worse, because it scritches away at your nerves until you want to scream, and when people ask what's the matter - that's if they bother, huh - it's hard to explain without sounding petty.

Or something like that. I hope today is better, and I hope the Bagectomy goes well. Oooh, just think of those lovely DRUGZ!

xxx