Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Coronavirus restrictions eased, is it safe for cancer patients?

A woman looking out of a window on a train, wearing a mask.

July 19th saw the removal of most legal pandemic restrictions in the UK. Whilst some called it ‘freedom day’, a sense of relief was not the emotion felt by many of the UK’s most vulnerable groups. For people affected by cancer, or others who are considered 'higher risk', the easing of restrictions has brought increasing anxiety and concern.

"I just feel more vulnerable than I have for a while and…

• Planned Online Community Maintenance - Tuesday 10th August, 6AM - 10AM

Hi everyone,

Due to some planned maintenance, the Online Community will enter a read-only mode tomorrow morning, Tuesday 10th August from 6:00am to 10:00am.

This means that you will not be able to log in, post or reply on the Online Community during this time. You will still be able to read posts and blogs on the site.

If you feel you need some support while the Online Community is unavailable, please remember our Support…

• “With hope in our hearts and wings in our heels” – Linda’s story

Linda is smiling in a green Macmillan t shirt and wearing a medal for running.

Linda, known as LINDALucky here on the site, posted in the “Breast cancer” group about how running has helped her through her experiences with cancer treatment and body confidence. We wanted to share her story here on Community News. In today’s blog, Linda talks all about what the benefits of exercise during cancer treatment have been for her personally. 

I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer just…