Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Tackling 5 myths about work and cancer and how Macmillan can help

You might have lots of questions when you or a loved one are diagnosed with cancer. Work might be the first thing you think about, or you might not have thought about it at all. The Work Support Service can help you to navigate managing work and cancer in a way that feels right for you. Stacey, one of our Work Support advisers, is here to tell you how they can help and answer some key questions. In this blog, Stacey is…

• "Thank you to all the community champions, your kindness and dedication is absolutely amazing"

It’s volunteer’s week from 1st- 7th June and we hope you’ll join us with saying a big thank you to our amazing Community Champions. They are members of the site who dedicate their time to support members of the Online Community.

“Thank you to all the community champions , your kindness and dedication is absolutely amazing”
    Community member, Community news blog

“Thank you so much. You've been…

• Dealing with Change

The emotional effects of dealing with change and cancer are something that is often talked about by our members.

“This is so hard and I get frustrated with all the conflicting emotions, whether the changes I'm making are right or wrong and if Nic would approve of what I'm doing. 

I have a lot of support from friends and family, but am feeling very lost at the moment and can't say this to anybody apart from…