Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Sharing support - acts of kindness in and around the Community

The sun is shining in many places across the UK today and similarly, we’re in the mood for some positivity. Stories of kindness and support have been shining a light in the Community and across social media recently, and we’ve collated a few here to brighten your day.

Why not post your own story of helping others or others helping you, community spirit or how you’re staying positive in the comments below…

• 'I keep reminding myself that one step at a time is enough' - My journey through breast cancer in verse and word - Vol 3

My journey through breast cancer in verse and words written in white over a picture of a pen on a grey notebook

Today here on the Community News we wanted to share with you the third volume of our series ‘My journey through breast cancer in verse and word’ by Amanda-Jayne. Amanda-Jayne was diagnosed with breast cancer in June 2019 and used poetry and journaling to diarise her experience throughout. Amanda-Jayne has very kindly sent through her poetry and writing to us here and we are really pleased to be bringing you…

• Sick of all the bad news? Our members have a plan!

As the dust starts to settle after the lockdown announcement, we all begin to face the reality of a few weeks, maybe even months, at home.

Everybody’s situation is different, the challenges of living alone are very different to those of large families suddenly locked down together. One thing that's undeniable though is that those affected by cancer are certainly impacted more than most by the coronavirus.

A bright image of a cloudy yet sunny sky over a field of sunflowers.