Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• My cancer, my sexuality, me.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Cancer and sexuality: David's story' written over a picture of a misty mountainous forest.

Just a couple of weeks back I was fortunate enough to have the LGBT foundation get in touch asking if we’d be interested in hearing from a friend of theirs, David, who was diagnosed with cancer last September. David wished to share with us his story about being a gay man and facing cancer – fortunately, David's recent chemotherapy treatment has been successful!

David’s story makes for an extremely heartfelt…

• Cancer and Anxiety

Both bowel and testicular cancer awareness months happen in April. Whilst cancer diagnoses can vary hugely, the feelings and emotional experiences can sometimes be similar.

In today’s Community News Blog, we are talking about cancer and anxiety. Whether it be anxiety around physical symptoms, concerns about upcoming cancer treatment, or even anxiety you can’t quite ‘label’ -  we are here to talk…

• Coping with hair loss after a kidney cancer diagnosis: Ellie’s story

Hair loss, worry about side effects and receiving a kidney cancer diagnosis. Ellie talks about her experiences as a poem and video.