Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Let's talk about treatment: sinus cancer and surgery.

A black and white portrait image of Dan, wearing a patch over one eye.

Dan (pictured above), known on the site as Defiantlydisfigured, was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma in the ethmoid sinus in 2012, which is a very rare type of cancer. He underwent surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Dan found support from sharing his story online in blog posts and on social media, and he continues to raise awareness for facial cancers.

I was 34 and told that I had a large tumour growing inside…

• Awake and can't sleep? Some help with getting through the night

Sleeping grey cat on a bed

Difficulty sleeping, also known as insomnia, can be hard to deal with. If you or a loved one has a cancer diagnosis, not getting enough sleep can sometimes cause additional difficulties. The Online Community is here for you at any time in the day or night. Sleep problems may be caused by how you’re feeling emotionally, or as part of the side effects for cancer treatment. If you find it hard to have a good sleep, you…

• "...be kind to yourself and remember you are never truly alone.” - Wellbeing Wednesdays: August

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Wellbeing Wednesday - August" written over a field of sunflowers

It’s August, and time for summary of the past month's ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’ tips. I’ve been spoilt for choice the past month of so, as is always the case, so I’ve thrown in few extra tips that have been shared on the Community.

“…whatever happens, make the most of every day. Find something every day that makes you smile, fill your time with fun and laughter and create many amazing memories…