Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Silver Linings - Nicky's story

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A couple of weeks ago I received a lovely letter from a lady called Nicky, who'd included in this letter a short story called 'Silver Linings'. I found the story such a positive and optimistic read that I had to share it with the Online Community. Nicky shares with us her story from an initial diagnosis, to present day where she's 3 years on from surgery. What struck me was how Nicky was able stay so positive…

• World's Biggest Coffee Morning: Court's Chocolate Cake

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This chocolate cake is a family favourite as it retains the lightness of a sponge cake but the tastiness of chocolate. There’s always room for a second helping. It’s perfect for sharing with friends and family but is always used as a special treat in my house, especially if you’re feeding two tall teenage sons.

I had given up baking after too many disasters but after watching Mary Berry I was inspired…

• “Grief comes in waves”: Coping with the loss of a partner

Community member and Macmillan volunteer Wee Me shares her personal experience with grief, loss and healing.