Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• What do you wish people would say? Katy’s story

Lots of members here on the Community talk about how it can be difficult to deal with unhelpful advice and reactions from other people when you have cancer. Katy is here to reassure you that you’re not alone if you’ve felt frustrated by what people say.

This is our latest instalment in our series with with Macmillan’s Digital Storytelling Project, where people affected by cancer have created their own videos…

• 'The outcome is still unknown but I am glad that I don't have to face this ordeal all alone' - My journey through Breast cancer in verse and word - Vol 1

‘My journey through breast cancer in verse and word – Vol 1’ Written over an image of a dirt road through a green field with an autumn evening sky.

Today we are really pleased to welcome a new guest blogger for the Community News, Amanda-Jayne. Amanda-Jayne was diagnosed with Breast cancer in June 2019 and used poetry and journaling to diarise her experience throughout. Amanda-Jayne has very kindly sent through her poetry and writing to us here and we are going to be sharing it with you over the next few weeks. So, here is volume one of Amanda- Jayne’s journey through…

• Looking back at the Online Community in 2022

We’re coming to the end of 2022 and as the new year approaches, we wanted to take some time to look back at what’s happened on the Online Community this year. This blog is a short overview of some Community highlights.  

The Online Community team would firstly like to thank all our members for the kindness and support that you have shown each other this year. There have been over 75,802 posts in our Community…