Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• What does the festive season mean to you?

As the holiday season is in full swing, we know that this time of year can look different for different families. The traditions and customs that you follow can vastly differ from the ways others spend time with loved ones. The varying pressures and expectations at this time of year can lead to a mix of emotions for people affected by cancer. However you like to celebrate or honour tradition in your family during the…
  • "Bladder cancer isn't a rare cancer, even though it's rarely talked about." - Bladder Cancer Awareness Month

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Bladder cancer awareness month" written over a picture of a black and white lighthouse on the beach with a blue skyt

May marks Bladder Cancer Awareness Month, and to recognise this, rily – Community Champion for our Bladder cancer group, has put together a few facts about the cancer, and shared with us his story to date.

The below makes for an eye-opening and honest read...

Some facts about bladder cancer:

• 10,000 people are diagnosed with bladder cancer in the UK every year.
    • There are more than 200 known cancers and bladder…
  • 'Please don't' - by Cordelia

“‘Please Don’t …’ By Cordelia” Written over an aerial photo of a snowy path through a forest.

Cordelia, our guest blogger from earlier this week, is back today with a poem she wrote about coping with people’s comments around her breast cancer diagnosis. Want to catch up on Cordelia’s previous blog? Click here to read her story.

Please don’t…

Please don’t tell me how I should feel

Or what I should think about having breast cancer;

How I should be ‘over it’ by now;