Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• "...reading the message has lifted mine and my grandad's hopes." - Bladder Cancer Awareness Month

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Bladder cancer awareness month" written over a blue background and a white flower.

Off the back of rily’s Bladder Cancer Awareness Month piece last Monday, I thought I’d also throw a spotlight recognising the cancer by highlighting a few positive, helpful and interesting bits and pieces from our Bladder cancer group, as well as a little feedback received for the group.

If you’re affected by bladder cancer, go ahead and share your tips of thoughts with us using the comments section below…

• Mother's Day - "The thought of them got me off the floor...talking, smiling and laughing again."

FormerMember
    FormerMember

'Mother's day' written on a picture of a woman cycling with a small child

This Sunday’s Mother’s Day, a day to celebrate mothers mean to us; all they do for us, and all they mean to us. To recognise this year’s Mother’s Day, I’ve been talking to several mothers on the Community about how having cancer has affected them as a mother.

I’m not going to take any further time introducing or the piece – so without further ado, here are our mothers of the Community……

• "Most of us just want normality" - Gina's story

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This week one of the latest additions to our Community Champions team, Gina (Ginajsy), has kindly put some words together for the Community detailing her experience and interactions with family, friends and work colleagues following her cancer diagnosis. It makes for an interesting and really thought provoking read.

When you are diagnosed with cancer, along with all of the angst, confusion and shock one of the biggest questions…