Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Coming to terms with a cancer diagnosis

This blog is looking at how our Community members process the news of a cancer diagnosis. Some mourn and grieve for the life they once knew before being impacted by cancer and some find comfort from having the answers they may have been waiting a long time for. However you are feeling, you're not alone. There's others talking about how they they are coping here on the Community so stay and read this blog to hopefully…

• Head and neck cancer - when food is fuel

A photo of a pathway leading into a tunnel formed by overhanging trees

We know that receiving a cancer diagnosis can be scary, especially when you don’t know what to expect.

Members in the Community have been there. They can help you to face those worries. Through shared experiences, they can help you face the unknown and make you feel much less alone. 

In this Community New Blog, we’re highlighting the head and neck cancer group and some of the issues members face through treatment…

• 'What Grief Has Taught Me' by Melanie - Vol 1 'The ever changing journey of my grief'

'What grief has taught me' by Melanie written in white writing over a photo of an open road leading to distant mountains under a blue cloudy sky.

In today’s Community News Blog we have the first volume of our new guest blog series, ‘What Grief has taught me’ by Community member MelanieL. Melanie has been a member of the Community and a contributor to the Prostate cancer, Carers only and Bereaved spouses and partners discussion groups for a long time. Melanie lost her husband to an advanced form of prostate cancer in May of 2018. In this series…