Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Going abroad? Having difficulty accessing affordable Travel Insurance?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Travel insurance" written on a picture of sand and seashells

Summer’s officially here, and I’m sure a lot of you are about to embark on getaways abroad to enjoy some well-deserved time away, or perhaps recuperate from treatment.

Unfortunately, if you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, insurers are all too often reluctant to offer affordable travel insurance, as they consider you far more likely to make a claim. However, the Community’s got your back through both our …

• Being kind to yourself on Blue Monday

Come and tell us what you do to improve your mood. All the tips shared may help someone be a little kinder to themselves today or help turn someone’s day around.
  • Talking about cancer - Vol 1 - Debbie

"Talking about cancer" written over a picture of a microphone and twinkling lights in the background

Speaking about a cancer experience can help you and others, here on the Community the power of shared experience is all around us:

‘It really is reassuring to know others have trodden the path I am fearing to tread… It makes me feel I am not alone in this.’ - mamachimp

Thank you for sharing your personal story…I’m feeling much more supported and not alone. Thank you so much for taking the time to sharing…