Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Sick of all the bad news? Our members have a plan!

As the dust starts to settle after the lockdown announcement, we all begin to face the reality of a few weeks, maybe even months, at home.

Everybody’s situation is different, the challenges of living alone are very different to those of large families suddenly locked down together. One thing that's undeniable though is that those affected by cancer are certainly impacted more than most by the coronavirus.

A bright image of a cloudy yet sunny sky over a field of sunflowers.

• What should I take to treatment?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"What should I take to treatment?' written over a picture of a brown suitcase with a teddy.

Finding out you have cancer can be an incredibly emotional and challenging experience. There’ll likely be more than enough questions and concerns running through your head without having to worry about the small things - such as, “what should I bring with me to the hospital when I go for treatment?”

I’ve compiled suggestions across the Community from our members, and put them together to form a small…

• Coffee, cake and catching up with the Community

September is the month of the famous ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ where people all over the world get together whilst fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support. In celebration of coffee mornings everywhere, in this Community News Blog we will be exploring the Community’s love of baking and getting together.