The BICH is back!

1 minute read time.

No, it's not a spelling error. BICH stands for Benign IntraCranial Hypertension. It's a condition that I suffer from where the pressure of the Cerebro-Spinal fluid builds up and causes pressure on my brain. This results in severe headaches, dizziness, nausea (sometimes vomiting) and extreme tiredness.

The only treatment for this is lumbar puncture to relieve the pressure. Apparently there are diuretics available which work directly on the brain, but they are reluctant to prescribe them because of the severe side effects. I am lucky in that I have only ever had one lumbar puncture. I do get a flare up of the condition from time to time, but it usually settles on it's own, so fingers crossed that will be the same this time.

My problem this time is that the dizziness is really bad, worse than it has been in the last few flare ups.

Just have to take it in my stride! I need some luck in my life for a wee change, so maybe I will win the lottery tonight. First time I've bought a ticket since I can't remember when.

So, the dizzy blonde (all natural) will having everything crossed for tonight's draw hee hee.

Hope you are all having as good a weekend as possible.

Love, Christine xx

Anonymous