My mum

Less than one minute read time.

Today I was at the Dental hospital with my mum.

She has been complaining of a having a really sore mouth for a while now. She phoned the doctor's surgery who advised her to let the pharmacist have a look which she did. The pharmacist prescribed bonjela for ulcers, but she has a sore on her cheek which she thought perhaps her dentures was causing.

Eventually she went to her dentist who told her she wasn't happy with the growth on her cheek. A week later the growth had increased in size. An urgent referral was made to the dental hospital.

A biopsy was done today. Saw two different consultants who both said they don't know what it is, but it does feel lumpy. Not sure what that means , if anything!

We will get the results in two weeks. Keeping everything crossed that it is only caused by her dentures rubbing.

She smokes about 40 cigs a day, if not more, and has been drinking every day since dad died last year, so isn't doing herself any favours.

Will keep you posted when the results come in.

Christine xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you everyone for your usual very kind words. You guys never let us down!

Ann, I found your story very heartening and I wouldn't dare make comments about friction, but, obviously it came in to your head so...................... lol.

Will let you all know how it goes when she gets the results.

Love to all, Christine xx