Cancer Blogs

• Such is Life - Mary Allison (me Ali B) - Chapter 21 - 25

Chapter 21 – Christmas

It’s Christmas Eve today, I am feeling very tired after my 4th chemo, but ok to travel to family thankfully!  We are all packed ready to go and we decide we will travel after a snack lunch at home.  Our son has recovered well and will be able to enjoy a nice bath for the first time since his operation when we are at Granny and Grandpa’s house.

We arrive and I particularly am so happy…

• Such is Life - Mary Allison (me Ali B) - Chapter 15 - 20

Chapter 15 – Round 3

And off we go again, pre chemo blood test and oncology today.  Oncology reports are very positive, as the lump is much softer and harder to find.

Found round 3 really hard.  As I write this I am feeling very sick and tired.  Had the steroid intravenously today for some reason which I was warned would make me feel worse.  This was a complete understatement, but I am remaining positive.  I will be…

• Such is Life - Mary Allison (me Ali B) - Chapter 10-14

Chapter 10 – Chemo Recovery

Slept OK last night; didn’t think I would.  I had a bowl next to my bed just in case.  Should have taken the steroid slightly earlier as it took me a while to get to sleep!  And I actually don’t feel sick – amazingly happy about that.  Just have a bit of a headache today, but drinking lots of fluids.  Bought some constipation tablets (not needed yet) and ordered my waterproof…

• Such is Life - Mary Allison (me Ali B) - Chapter 8-9

Chapter 8 – Day off and normality

Took my son to school and followed up with breakfast at Costa and some retail therapy.  I bought myself some new boots as my feet were getting wet in my old ones and a new black skirt for work.  I also bought my parents a board game called Logo for Christmas.  I don’t think I have ever bought a Christmas present in October.  First time for everything I guess!

Now back home relaxing…

• Such is Life - Mary Allison (me Ali B) - Chapter 6-7

Chapter 6 - Weekend Break at Mum & Dad’

Saturday morning, looking forward to today as I drive to Mum and Dad’s for a mini break.

Be good I say to my boys as I leave to drive in the rain – typical!!  Mind you the weather is better now than an hour ago as we woke to thunder and lightning.

I finally arrived at my parents after a horrid wet slow journey.

Dad made me jump out of my skin as I wasn’t expecting…