If cancer had an arse I'd say I'm kicking it!

Less than one minute read time.

I find that keeping as active as possible helps me to cope both mentally and physically (but then I would say that I suppose as I used to be a fitness trainer, and may well be again!). If I can offer any advice it is to do whatever you can - even if it's just mobility exercises or stretching / flexibility. Walking is great if you can get out. Even if it's a short distance - anything counts! Call on any friends to support you and do it with you. I can offer virtual support if you need it!

The marathon training continues, 8 miles at the w/e and 4 today. Gonna try a different strategy tomorrow by run/walking 10 miles, i.e. for each mile completed walk for 60 secs and see how it fares compared to running it all.

20 miles planned later in the week (last long run before the marathon itself).

Fundraising going great guns, really pleased with the support.

Hair update - it's very, very short but I am now going public! Yippee! A few sideways glances, but I don't care!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks so much Georgia, your donation is fab and very kind.

Good luck with your run! Let me know how you get on please.

Bx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

yes keeping active and pozitive is the key for me too. I walk for an hour everyday, also doing and making constractive things are real moral boost for me.

Starting my chemio next week, in a way looking forward to it because the sooner i start the sooner it will end.

Good luck to everyone on this forum.