Nearly said sod it

1 minute read time.

Sorry i ant been on here as much as i would have liked but the pain from the Radio Therapy is really really excruiating all i seem to want to do is sleep, and as i am off solid foods at the moment and only drinking my energy levels are dwindling i drink food suppliment shakes when i can keep em down.

My Oncologist doesnt seem to inspire me to carry on, but early last week i was really really down and ready for kicking it in the head, being in constant pain and feeling sick, with a very high metallic taste i was at my witts end, everytime i lay down i felt sick. its not the eating that is bugging me, its the taste of the food i can eat being the same.

They have given me some anti sickness pills that melt on your tongue, i will carry o with it am sure but it seems to me that the research needs to find something that can take the meatallic taste away, if they can do that then it would make the treatment more bearable.

Being without strength and very very fatigued isnt the problem its the goddam taste and lack of taste too.

I have tried every type of drink fizzy and still types the one with a little taste is the Liptonice Peach tea, that seems to be the only one that gives me a respite from the metallic taste, also the best mouthwash i have found is Bicarbonate of Soda in warm water swilled and gargled 3 or 4 times a day its softer than the ones they give you at the hospital, different things seems to work better for different people.

When i write my journal i am going to include things that helped me they may not help others but they can always try em out

Biggles13

ps 20 down 14 to go (2nd phase starts Monday roll on 24th Feb)

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry you are havong such a hard time of it. I feel almost guilty that my fortnightly chemo of 5FU and Oxiplatin is giving me so little in the way of side effects tow bout sof four day hiccoughs (tiring but bearable) and one bout of 5 day diarrhoea. One laugh though, a phone call from my half sister. Every time she ignores the other side effects and asks whether I'm losing my hair, seems to think that is the main problem. As a man it doesn't really concern me - it could have happened anyway!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh Biggles been thinking about you...sorry to hear you are having such a bad time of it.  Keep going though - you're doing amazing so far and are more than half way through. Chin up. xx

• Someone on here once said cancer treatment could be summed up in three words: slash, burn, and poison. As hard as it is these treatments, primitive as they are, can work miracles. Keep the faith.

Sending cyber hugs,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Biggles - sorry you're having a tough ride at the minute but you're  over halfway there. Dig in... x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

keep strong biggles its awful at times and your on a long slow road but it will be worth it {{{{{{xxx}}}}}}}}}