beanpole's blog

• Vegas and moving on!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a fantastic trip to Vegas - won £ 700 on the first slot machine I put money in, had a surprise renewal of vows ceremony and flew into the Grand Canyon in a helicopter - AMAZING, What an fantastic husband I have for arranging all the surprises!

Clive is still feeling ok although quite tired and has had an aching back for a few weeks, the oncologist has arranged for him to have a bone scan to check it hasn't…

• Ticking clock

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Clive is still feeling really well, and has been doing lots of normal things. Had a fab night out in London. Clive's amazing boss treated us. People really can be so kind! Are looking forward to our Vegas trip in just over a weeks time. Clive is really looking forward to meeting up with some old friends while we are over there too.

I never want this to end, Clive feeling great and spending some wonderful time together…

• Holidays and more holidays!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Just got back from a week in Cornwall, which was fantastic. You wouldn't believe it but Clive was body boarding in the sea with me and the boys, it was fab to see him really enjoying himself and with much more energy. He is still eating well again and says he feels fitter than he has been for ages. He is thinking about going to Las Vegas as he has always wanted to go, and he can meet up with lots of American friends he…
  • what a difference a week makes

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Things are certainly looking up at the moment. Clive's eating has been steadily improving we even went for a chinese a few days ago which is amazing considering he was only having prescribed drinks for the last few weeks. He is so much more his normal self too, laughing and joking instead of all down in the dumps. I know the long term prognosis won't change but living for the moment things are much better.Looking forward…
  • Radiotherapy trials and tribulations

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Clive is now on day 7 of his radiotherapy. He felt quite bad last week and was the lowest I've seen him. He has developed a nasty cough and is bringing up lots of saliva. The radiotherapist says the tumour can be pushing on the windpipe and can cause the cough and it also makes you create too much saliva, which is also not flowing down as easily as normal, so getting rid of it is a good idea. This does seem to have improved…