beanpole's blog

• Hospital antics

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went to see the oncologist on Wed and he admitted clive for iv fluids. He had got quite dehydrated and also had a ct scan done . They decided he needed a stent putting in straight away, as he hadn't kept much down since Sunday. They needed to check the tumour wouldn't push on his airway if he had a stent in. They didn't mention anything else they found on the scan, but it showed it was ok to go ahead. Thurs morning they…

• downhill

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Clive had some friends over on Friday and since then has been feeling much worse. His back ache has moved to the shoulder blade again, and keeps being sick, he has been unable to evenkeep water down at times. We have phoned the oncologist today and will see him tomorrow. He can't go on like this. One weetabix is about all he has eaten each day for the past 3 days.

My insides are permanently in knots and I am so…

• Worrying!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am starting to get worried Clive is going down hill. He is so tired all the time and has been feeling sick or has stomach ache. So is not eating that well. His back is aching most of the time too.

I suppose he will have good and bad days, but I just looked at the symptoms of advanced cancer on this website and saw much of what he is experiencing fits. He seems quite antisocial and not that interested in things, and…

• good news for a change

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Bone scan came back clear!  Apparently they think its arthritis in the vertebrae.

Clive went back to GP today and will be having physio for his back. I think this has encouraged him to be more active. He came down and helped me chop wood for a hour, good for blowing away the cobwebs, as it was a gorgeous day!  Felt more like old times. I feel a lot better now and I think the chat with the GP did him good. its sometimes…

• Its all a bit too much !

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Feeling like its all a bit much at the moment. Clive has been a bit down as his back is giving him constant pain and the cocodomal has bunged him up. 

As I like to be busy, i am finding it hard seeing Clive not moving off the sofa much, and me rushing around doing everyrthing. Then I feel soo guilty for feeling cross. Clive says it  feels like he is waiting to die, and isn't very motivated to do much at the mo. Anyway…