michael, my brightness on dark days

Less than one minute read time.
Although I've been remission for 19months now, the fear of the cancer returning often comes back to bite me on the bum, big time! When it does I think of my nephew Michael and it comforts me so much! He was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer and his outlook was not good, 15years old, his parents were devastated! Michael under went an 8 hour operation were the surgeons managed to remove just over 90 percent of the tumor, he then spent weeks in intensive care very very poorly! Chemotheraphy does not work on Michael's type of cancer,his parents were told, radiotheraphy is our only hope, the doctor said! Eventually michael's parents were told to take him home, time was precious!! Fast forward to 2009, Michael is now 29 years old and a strapping big man!!! I hope that Michael's story can bring someone else some comfort too! Alison x
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

It certainly inspires me with a not so rare but aggressive brain tumour.......thank you for making me smile first thing in the morning xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

well done !!!!!

:)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

so pleased everything turned out well.

viv

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

HI AND THANKYOU ALL  FOR YOUR COMMENTS,

SO GLAD THAT I PUT A WEE SMILE ON YOUR FACE, DEBS!

TAKE CARE, LOVE AND SQUEEZY HUGS,

ALISON. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

HI AND THANKYOU ALL  FOR YOUR COMMENTS,

SO GLAD THAT I PUT A WEE SMILE ON YOUR FACE, DEBS!

TAKE CARE, LOVE AND SQUEEZY HUGS,

ALISON. X