Ok, here we go!

1 minute read time.

Ok, it's late & I should be sleeping, but I'm on my own so it's time to blog something!

I decided that when I got around to starting a blog I'd start with where I am now, then I'd go back over the last few weeks before updating as I feel.

So right now, I'm 40 years & 7 months old. (I somehow, but don’t know why, feel the 7 months is significant!)

I'm married with 2 children. A daughter, 15 years old, & a son, 8 years old.

I work as a nurse doing the job I yearned for for about 2 1/2 years before one came up. I'm a tissue viability nurse (wounds). I'm one of a small team, covering a big Trust. My patients range from premature babies to people in their 100's, with specialities from cardiac surgery to oncology & haematology.

I own a motorbike which I rarely ride because of family commitments, & most of my friends have a biking background. Luckily for me, my work colleagues, past & present are also good friends.

I have a weakness for whisky & coke - of which I'm sipping on now!

As I shuffle in my seat, I'm aware of a bruise type discomfort in my left upper buttock / lower back from the bone marrow biopsy I had on Monday. I was also x-rayed from my head, to just below my knees - but luckily that leaves no discomfort!

As I type this, I imagine my bone marrow being 'processed' in a laboratory - possibly the one in the department in which my office is based!

I imagine in a few days time, Dr’s looking at my ‘results’ and typing them into a computer. A few days later again, a group of people (the multidisciplinary team), sat around a table discussing ‘my’ results, before ‘inviting’ me to an appointment to let me in on things.

I’m hoping they’re good results. By good I mean the lesser of the evils they could be.
I never thought one day I’d be hoping to have a pre-cancerous condition. But given the choice of pre-cancerous, or cancerous, I know which I’d choose!
So that’s where I am now. Waiting.

I guess I have a lot of that to come...

Anonymous