Ok, here we go!

1 minute read time.

Ok, it's late & I should be sleeping, but I'm on my own so it's time to blog something!

I decided that when I got around to starting a blog I'd start with where I am now, then I'd go back over the last few weeks before updating as I feel.

So right now, I'm 40 years & 7 months old. (I somehow, but don’t know why, feel the 7 months is significant!)

I'm married with 2 children. A daughter, 15 years old, & a son, 8 years old.

I work as a nurse doing the job I yearned for for about 2 1/2 years before one came up. I'm a tissue viability nurse (wounds). I'm one of a small team, covering a big Trust. My patients range from premature babies to people in their 100's, with specialities from cardiac surgery to oncology & haematology.

I own a motorbike which I rarely ride because of family commitments, & most of my friends have a biking background. Luckily for me, my work colleagues, past & present are also good friends.

I have a weakness for whisky & coke - of which I'm sipping on now!

As I shuffle in my seat, I'm aware of a bruise type discomfort in my left upper buttock / lower back from the bone marrow biopsy I had on Monday. I was also x-rayed from my head, to just below my knees - but luckily that leaves no discomfort!

As I type this, I imagine my bone marrow being 'processed' in a laboratory - possibly the one in the department in which my office is based!

I imagine in a few days time, Dr’s looking at my ‘results’ and typing them into a computer. A few days later again, a group of people (the multidisciplinary team), sat around a table discussing ‘my’ results, before ‘inviting’ me to an appointment to let me in on things.

I’m hoping they’re good results. By good I mean the lesser of the evils they could be.
I never thought one day I’d be hoping to have a pre-cancerous condition. But given the choice of pre-cancerous, or cancerous, I know which I’d choose!
So that’s where I am now. Waiting.

I guess I have a lot of that to come...

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

What an interesting position to be in, to have a behind-the-scenes insight into what's going on. Interesting-good or interesting-bad, I'm not sure.

Let's all hope for the best possible result.

- Hilary

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, well Im not sure if I would like to have the behind-the-scenes insight, (sorry Hilary for pinching your phrase) but yes....you have joined the waiting game...

Heres togood results

Shaz ((X))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    see you didn't go blank eh? Welcome to the wonderful world of waiting...its rotten beyond belief that waiting but we are all here to hold your hand while you wait and wonder... And I know exactly what you mean about perspectives changing of what you wish for. Will be keeping various appendages crossed for you. Little My x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

The waiting is the worst but I will be keeping everything crossed that the news you get is good news.

Much love,

Nin xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Nicolala. Yes, the waiting is indeed the worse thing, but wishing you good results from the biopsy. Take care and God bless.

Love, Joycee xx