you couldn't make this up....

Less than one minute read time.

hi chaps

well had my big meeting with the surgeon at the hospital, and its not looking good.........

my little friend is bigger than they thought, and is now classed as an advanced cancer. lymphnodes in abdomen are showing signs aswell as towards the top end of my gullet. add to this they measured it at over a third to half way the length of my gullet and no prises for guessing not an optomistic outlook..

so 13 weeks of chemo, then all the tests again to see if its stopped the spread and reduced the main growth. if it has then another 13weeks of chemo (possibly), asked if this was classed as pallitive care.."no your in the grey area between pallative care and surgery".

BUT never give up as custer said (joke)....(the best i can do today). only thing is i'm young (43 ha ha) fit (if abit on the large side) so they're are going in for extreme chemo (sounds like something on sky1) don't know wot i've let myself in for.

as ever stay happy positive and love n enjoy your family and friends around you,   take care, joe. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

MY LOVE TO YOU JOE....WHAT YOUO HAVEN;T LOST IS YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR...YOU HAVE TO JUST KEEP TAKING THE CRAP CHEMO.....THAT MAKES MY DARLING BABE LOOK EMACIATED AND HE DOES....EAT ALTHOUGH NOT ANY VINDALOO'S ANYMORE...HA HA---- STRANGE THING IS WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 36 YEARS AND IN HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH A LOVING HUSBAND.... UNTIL NOW...AND HE IS AWFUL.  NOT TO ANYBODY ELSE, LIKE FIRENDS AND THE FAMILY THAT COME UP TO SEE US,, JUST TO ME... WHOM HE LOVES, - - - I HOPE.  HE SAYS THAT I WOULD BE ALLOWED TO JUST GO AWAY AND FIND ANOTHER LIFE.   I L;OVE HIM, SO VERY MUCH.. WHY DOES THE CHEMO CHANGE PEOPLE SO MUCH . MY HUB IS LIKE THE INCREDIBLE HULK AND NOR BEGINS TO FRIGHTEN ME.  I CNA DO KNOW RIGHT AND HE HAS NOT EVEN TOUCHED ME ...ON THE HAND OR P[UT HIS ARM AROUND ME SINCE HE CAME OUT OF HOSPITAL AFTER A LARGE PIECE OF HIS LARGE LARGE BOWEL WAS SURGICALLY REMOVED AFTER A WEEK OF TESTS THAT SHOWED THAT IT WAS CANCER, THEN HE HAD KEYHOLE SURGERY ON THE 8TH OF JUNE AND WAS TOLD IT SHOUDL TAKE HIM ABOUT 3 - R DAYS AND HE WOULD BE HOME.....17 DYAS LOATER HE CAME HOME ...AFTER COMPLICATIONS.. HE IS A 6'4 " STRAPPING BLOKE WHO ADORED / ADORES...SORRY LIFE AND NOW HAS LOST HIS WEIGHT AND IS TAKIGN THE REST OF THE CHEMO c r a p  ( sorry ) OUT ON ME,,,, I KNOW THAT AS SOON AS HE GETS UP IN THE MORNING HE WILL ARGUE , IF I SIAD IT WAS SUNNY - IT WOULD BE BLOODY OVERCAST.  I THINK YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON THAT I HAVE EVER TOLD MY FEELINGS TO AND I DO NOT EVEN KNOW YOU BUT READING YOUR BLOG MADE ME FELL SO SAD, AND I GENUINELY HOPE AND PRAY THAT THOSE BLOODY CELLS ....bugger OFF!!!!!!   P.S. My real name is Ronnie and Hub's name is Stephen or PHEOBE BAG!!   Lots 0of love = keep fighting and hope that you have someone nice to keep you feel loved.   Bye for now and forgive my load of silly scribble.  It.s just that  WHERE CAN WE ALL GO FROM HERE.........aghhh AS MY HUSBAND SAYS..........ONE DAY AT A TIEM AND THEN HE'D FIGHT FOR THE LAST MINUTE.  GOD BLESS Y JOE.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joe

There's no doubt you have a fight on your hands, but you are young and strong, and that's in your favour!

I know the chemo will at best, cramp your style, and at worst make you feel crap for a while, but definitely worth it!

All good wishes to you!

Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joe,

All the best mate yes it will be a long hard road but you have the strength and spirit. To see this thing through.

Good Luck My Friend.

Take care and be safe Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi all,

first of all a big congratulations to you Sarsfield on the birth of your first grandson, may he bring joy to all that are around him ( as a step grandad to 3 good luck my friend).

I was really sorry to hear about your hubby ronnie, contact the mac nurses to see if there's a help group near you,talking with people helps, i never thought for 1 minute i would be on here writting blogs but its an amazing community, an 1 i'm begining to relish sharing with.Sunny i read your blogs and love your wacky sence of humour (ment in the bst way) and thanks love been called young lol.

as for the long road ahead, hey i'm a long distance wagon driver with a wonderful wife as a drivers mate, so bring it on. As they say in my line of work, i may be lost but i'll make good time getting there...

As always stay happy positive and enjoy those around you joe.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joe, this is my third attempt at leaving a reply to your post, hope this one makes it!

I hope the chemo does it's magic. It will be a long, hard slog, but one that will be worth it in the end.

Keep up the positive attitude, it will stand you in good stead.

Best wishes, Christine xx

p.s. You ARE young at 43. Take it from me, I'm 45 and I'M young lol x