March Summary

1 minute read time.

March was always going to be a daunting month with two planned marathons just two weeks apart.

I started the month in good spirits, aiming to increase my training miles and hopefully build confidence in my fitness/endurance levels.

Thankfully the 2nd marathon took place on the 7th and it took place in and around Cambridge. The Cambridge Boundary run is organised by the University and is a cheap, well organised event that allowed us runners the use of the very impressive David Lloyd facilities. To top things off i finished a minute quicker than my previous best time on a course that included gates and Stiles to get through or over.

Training continued with the usual runs to dinner on Sundays and my football pools collections in between my next race that took place on the 21st in Temple Guiting, Gloucester.

The Cotswold marathon took me through some stunning british countryside and villages on a 3 lap course, that was very tough. I was hoping to better my time from Cambridge but unfortunately this was very hilly and I struggled finishing in 4 hours 32 minutes.

I think that the positive result in Cambridge made me arrogant and I did not prepare properly for the marathon. This will not be repeated. Training runs again continued as normal, and I am starting to look forward to the next marathon that does have a PB potential.

Total training miles for March - 135 miles

Anonymous