January Summary

1 minute read time.

The month started badly, the weather was not suitable for running and i was jetting off on holiday for 10 days.

That said i did go to the gym out in Pittsburgh and can confirm that i can not train on treadmills. The rubber matting slides as your foot lands and the noise that goes with it is too much for me. I appreciate that i do not have the best technique when running, but if i find a good rhythm then i do not generally suffer from slappy foot!

I did manage to complete a 12 mile run round a very scenic county park and lake. There was several inches of snow all around but the paths were clear and safe.

Once i returned home the weather was still very cold but the snow and ice was gone so running would have been possible if i did not pick up a flu/virus on the way home.

I was not allowed to wallow in self-pity as i was running at the Gloucester marathon 6 days after landing in Heathrow.

I have added my Gloucester experience as a separate post, but can confirm that i completed the 26.2 miles in 4 hours 18 minutes and some seconds. My performance was not ideal and i have some work to do to increase my mental strength moving forward. I am back in training after the event and am more confident in my chances of completing this challenge and breaking the 4 hour barrier.

Total miles in January – 61

Anonymous