chrissiQx2's blog

• 30 Things For Turning 30 #1

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A while back I blogged about doing 30 things over the course of this year to celebrate turning 30.  As my birthday was Christmas day it was difficult to plan a party etc so I felt this would be a much better idea.  So today I went and got a tattoo which was one of the things on my list.  Its not my first tattoo but my fourth and it is of my childrens names so it is very special.  Only thing is now I want another one!!!

• I made it to 30!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

When I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer at 26 I like many others thought thats it for me and at that time didnt think I would make 27!! Well here I am still fit and strong and just celebrated turning 30.  Yes I still have cancer and yes I know it will never go away but I feel so lucky to be feeling as well as I do and glad I reached this milestone in my life (at least).  My family and I all had a fantastic Christmas…

• 7 weeks with no treatment and CT results tomorrow

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So following on from my last blog which was quite a while ago I havent had any treatment at all.  So to say I am worried about my scan results is a bit of an understatement to say the least.  I had an appointment with a locum oncologist a while back about the pain and lump in my breast and also the heart symptoms I had been experiencing.  He basically said what I was feeling in my breast was my ribs and that cancer doesnt…

• First Ever Secondary Breast Cancer Awareness Day!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This Wednesday, October 13th will be the first ever Secondary Breast Cancer Awareness Day in the UK.  I know breast cancer is huge in the media and gets a lot of press which does at times overshadow other cancer types.  Obviously I hope everyone gets the support, care and treatment they deserve but being a SBC sufferer myself this is something I am passionate about.  I was approached by Breast Cancer Care as I have done…

• Another lump and a dodgy ticker?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Exactly what it says in the title!! Well I will start the right way around otherwise people will assume one led to the other but thats not the case.  For about a week now I have been experiencing on/off chest pain, tiredness, breathlessness and a pounding heartbeat which I am very aware of even with the slight exertion.  I have woken up a couple of times in the night and it has been beating so fast that I thought it was going…