asking a question of the community or wanting to chat to people

How do I write a thing to post so that I get responses from people ? I am not very good technically

• Hi Alihattie,

It’s Megan here from Macmillan’s Online Community team. Thank you for posting your question, I’d be happy to help you use the site to find support.

I had a look at your profile and saw that you’d already joined the Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum. To join any group here on the Community you will need to click the grey ‘Click to join’ banner towards the bottom of the screen.

There are lots of groups for you to join and they are categorised into cancer types and cancer experiences. Please do take a look and join the ones you feel will provide you with the best support.

To chat with members of the Community you can start a discussion. To do this you will need to click the ‘+new’ or ‘+’ button near the group title. I’ll add an image below to help explain. This is what it will look like on a desktop device:

Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum page with red circle around the +new button

This is what it will look like on a mobile device:

Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum page with red circle around the +new button

Discussions are a great way of sharing what’s brought you to join the Online Community to ask questions and give support back to others by sharing your personal experiences. There’s some step by step guidance in our Help pages if you need some further support starting a discussion.

I hope the above is useful and don’t hesitate to get back in touch if you have any more questions. Alongside posting here in the Technical help section, you can also send an email to Community@macmillan.org.uk every day, or start a live web chat by selecting the ‘Online Community help’ option between the hours of 8am-8pm from Monday to Friday.

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community Team