travel insurance

i am having trouble getting travel insurance because of multiple health problems , can anyone advise me on the best travel insurance that doesn't cost a fortune 

• Hi ,

It's Steph here from Macmillan's Online Community team, thank you for posting your question, I hope the following information can help you find the information and support you may be looking for. 

We have a Travel insurance for cancer patients forum that you're welcome to join. To become a member and start a discussion you will need to click the grey 'click to join banner' towards the bottom of the page and then the '+new' or '+' button near the group title. I'll add a screenshot below to help explain this. 

A screenshot of the Travel insurance for cancer patients forum

I'm sure once you have posted some members will be close by to offer some support, and if you need any help with navigating the site please don't hesitate to get back in touch with the Community team. The Help section is a place to ask for help with technical issues but if you need any additional support finding the help you're looking for, our email is community@macmillan.org.uk

You might also want to give our Financial Guides team a call. They can advise on Travel Insurance in addition to pensions, mortgages, wills and other insurance. Our Support Line teams are available for a chat 7 days a week, 8am-8pm on freephone 0808 808 00 00email or live webchat. Financial Guides are available Mon-Fri 8am -6pm.

You might also want to have a read through Macmillan's online information about cancer and travel insurance here.

I hope this is helpful, Peter.B and good luck with finding the right policy for you.

Best wishes, 

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • We have just been on holiday to Florida my husband has renal cancer.   We tried for ages contacting insurance companies but no one would insure him.   One quote I eventually got from free spirit was for £5600.

I contacted insure cancer and after a while they quoted us £2800 for a two week holiday which although was expensive for just one holiday but we decided to take the insurance out which enabled us to go away.   My husband felt so much better being in holiday.  

tthe insurance company liaises with ( the hospital for blood and scan results and then decide on whether insurance can be offered 

Try them for a quote

• Hi,

Thank you for replying to this post. My name is Syed and I’m a member of the Community team here at Macmillan. Although the circumstances may not be positive, I hope you find the Community to be a place of kindness and support.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience surrounding travel insurance. I was wondering if you may find it useful to post this response as well as explore our Travel Insurance forum? It may be beneficial to other members to learn about your experience.

The Technical Support forum is there to deal with any technical queries that members may have about the Community and therefore, it may not be the best place to put this response on.

If you’d like to explore the other groups we have and join the ones you feel will provide you with the best support, you are very welcome to do so as the Community is here to help for as long as you need. I will leave a full list of our forums here for you to explore.

If there is anything else me or my team can do, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here and always remember the Community is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I wish you all the best,

Syed

Macmillan Community Team