Hi Everyone, new to this, i may ramble

• 2 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi. I'm new to this whole chatting thing.

I was diagnosed with womb, ovarian and lymph cancer in June23 totally out of the blue. No symptoms, wasn't wven on the cards. Everyone thought it was the onset of menopause which is why it took 5 months to get a gynaecology appointment, even then it wasn't his thought. Pure chance they couldn't fit the hormone coil he wanted and it had to be done with a camera or else it would not have been found.

Had total hysterectomy, ovaries and one side of abdominal lymph nodes removed in Sept23, but one side had grown to large and was in unaccessable.place so it's still here. 

Have had a combination chemo from October (day beforw my 50th, so it was a fab birthday pressie lol)  and just started a new chemo regime along with radiotherapy. Only now I tend to find myself awake at 3am so thought I'd try this chatting stuff. Haven't rwally had anyone to talk to through this , have my husband (who has been great) and my parents, but they are nearly 80 and need looking after themselves so don't want to talk to them about things as they worry. My Dad can't look at me since I lost my hair, so I try to make it a little easier on him.

Well that's me in a nutshell I think. Looking forward to not feeling so alone  which I don't since reading some of the discussions. Thank you for that.

• Hi  

A very warm welcome to the online community and to to this group. Well done for posting, it's not always easy if you're not used to doing so, navigating the site and finding the words. I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis and treatment. I was diagnosed and treated in 2022. You can read my profile if you want to. To do this, just click on my username. It's a good idea to write a profile yourself as it helps others with their replies and it saves you repeating yourself. Just click on your own username then profile and save when you've written it.

You will find a lot of lovely ladies here with lots of experience and they will offer advice and support. It helps to know that you're not alone in this. I agree that it's hard for the parents and difficult for them to see us ill. I had to prepare them for the fact that I could end up as stage 4 and incurable. My dad kept leaving the room and my mother wasn't really accepting what I was saying. Only recently, they were using words like 'the all clear' and dismissing my comments about a short life. I had to have a very frank conversation that I didn't really want to have, about my prognosis and what I'd been told by the medical team. 

There will be lots more replies to welcome you. I hope you find time for a nap later, it's tiring being up in the night when your mind won't rest. Best regards.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hello SH1026

Welcome to the Online Community and the Womb group.

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis back in June. It must have been a shock after having no symptoms. Thank goodness they had to use the camera to fit the coil.

I understand the need to chat things through and there are a lovely bunch of ladies on here who will want to offer you support. I also had surgery, chemo and radiotherapy. If you click on my name my profile will come up.

How are you feeling post treatment? I still have effects daily but this is not always the case. 

It is great that you have family support around you but I found that sometimes the people closest to you can at times be the hardest to talk to as you don't want to worry them. The Support Line on here is really good but they can also arrange some counselling with BUPA if you think that may help. There may also be some support in your local area. They can have a look for you.

I can sort of understand Dad's feelings about the hair loss- it's a visible sign of what is going on and it is tough for not only you but for those that love you. Hair loss brings up a huge range of emotions. 

Please do not feel alone, you are not and we will help support you. Its a tough journey at times but we have all been there and understand.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm