Newly diagnosed

• 1 reply
  • 73 subscribers

Hi I was told yesterday that I have grade 3 cancer. I have been having heavy bleeding and non stop bleeding since 2022 and was on a waiting list to be since by the gynecologist since October 2022. Was finally seen in Feb 2024. I'm currently waiting for the hospital to get in touch to discuss my chemo treatment as they need to shrink the tumor before they can do a hysterectomy 

• Hi Leliana

Welcome to the Online Community and the Womb group. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had a diagnosis of womb cancer and I can remember how scary it felt when I had my diagnosis back in 2022. 

I had surgery and then that was followed by chemotherapy and then radiotherapy. 

To be told you need chemo is worrying and I remember how scared I felt when I was told I needed it. However although I did have some side effects these were on the whole managed with medication and dose adjustments. 

I hope that the hospital appointment to discuss the chemo happens quickly for you. In the meantime if there is anything we can do to help, then ask away, there are lots of lovely ladies on here who will want to offer support.

We also have the Macmillan Support Line from 8am-8pm each day, if you feel like talking things through would help.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm