Hello - quick question

• 4 replies
  • 76 subscribers

Hello everyone, I am a 42 yer old mum of 4 daughters. I have been referred to the 2ww Cancer pathway due to 'unscheduled bleeding' unfortunately the 2ww in my area is actually 5 weeks. I had some blood stained discharge and spotting between periods for around 6 months, then I had a bleed that lasted 18 days. However, the bleeding has now stopped and I'm wondering if I should cancel the appointment? If the bleeding doesn't continue does that mean all is OK?

Thanks 

• Hello  love your name!

I am not medically trained to give advice:

There are many reasons for spotting/bleeding and it doesn't necessarily mean bad news. If you have been referred for urgent review I would keep your appt so that you can be given a good check up and provide you with the best advice going forward.

That's what I would do in your situation -  get the answers to what has caused your bleeding.

Best wishes. 

• Hi I think you should keep the appointment Hun. No bleeding doesn't nessessarally mean all is ok. Don't leave it. You need to find out what's going on . All the best...

• Hi Cookiedoodle

Definitely keep the appointment.

The unusual bleeding happened for a reason, it may not be connected to cancer but it needs to be ruled out and checked. 

It is likely to be a scan in the first instance which is fairly quick and although can be a little uncomfortable- its not painful. Even though the bleeding has stopped- it does not mean all is necessarily fine- get checked if only for peace of mind.

I had a bleed. It stopped. But I still had a diagnosis. There are lots of possible reasons but it needs checking.

Good Luck

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

•  Hi  

I agree with others. I would encourage you to keep the appointment as it can be helpful to know for sure and take corrective action, if any is required.