Recently diagnosed and reaching out

• 7 replies
  • 90 subscribers

I have recently been diagnosed and understandably feel really anxious.  Got to wait 4-6 weeks for hysterectomy.   That in itself is so much of a worry to me

• Hi Apel24, welcome to the group and very well done for reaching out for support. Have you had a staging MRI or CT yet? My op was in Jan 22, 9 weeks post results. It’s okay to feel anxious and you will find a way through this. How old are you? 

• Hello MarmiteFan59.  I've had MRI, biopsy and CT scan.  The results are stage 2 endometrial cancer but the last gyni meeting he said serious cancer.   Just feel I need the hysterectomy ASAP before more damage is done.  Its such a worry, as I'm sure you know

• Hello  

Sorry to hear your news but you have come to the right place. My hysterectomy - in September - was about 6 weeks after diagnosis. I understand you want surgery ASAP and I think we can all relate to that. Ask any questions you may have, you will find a lot of support here. 

Best wishes

Kxx

• Welcome, sorry  you have found yourself needing this site. If it's any reassurance to you regarding wanting the hysterectomy asap, I had been having symptoms for years rather than weeks or months but the drs kept putting it down to peri menopause; by the time they discovered the real reason the hysterectomy happened pretty swiftly. However, even with having had it for such a long time, I only ended up with it being stage 1b and it was grade 3. Not sure if this helps at all, but 4-6 weeks will come round and hopefully you can then feel more in control. I hope that this makes sense.

• Hi Apel24

Welcome to the Online Community and the Womb group. I am sorry to hear that you have had a diagnosis of womb cancer and are now waiting for a hysterectomy. 

I remember how worried I was when I was diagnosed back in 2022. If you click on my name my profile will come up but I had surgery April 2022 and this was followed by chemo and radiotherapy. I am now on 12 weekly check ups.

I will pop a link below with some info that I found helpful.

Womb cancer booklet | Macmillan Cancer Support

It is very understandable to feel anxious and we are here to support you. We also have a Support Line (number below) if you feel that talking things through would help.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for sharing your story and words of wisdom.  I hope talking on this forum is helpful to you, as it is to me.  I think we're left feeling in limbo a bit.  Still coming to terms with the diagnosis I guess.  

• It is tough but hopefully, talking on this forum can make you feel not so alone.  For me it's a matter of trying to get my head in the right place too as I'm sure it is for most.