Hi new on here

• 9 replies
  • 90 subscribers

Hi I’ve just been diagnosed with womb cancer and thought I’d pop on here to get some support 

• Hi Ruthl, 

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions. I hope you are doing ok despite the news.

• Hi  it can be very daunting when first diagnosed I’m sorry you have had to join us all. They are a wonderful bunch of ladies and their pool of knowledge has been invaluable to me. Im not a prolific poster but have benefited from reading posts and taking advice. You have a safe space here and we are all going to help you through the weeks/months ahead. Take care and do something over the weekend that makes you happy, it won’t change anything but it might just take your mind off it.

• Hello  

Sorry to hear your news but welcome to this supportive forum. I was diagnosed in August and have just finished a course of pelvic radiotherapy. 

I have asked questions along the way and received warm and friendly support. I'm sure you will too. 

Sending best wishes your way.

Kxx

• Hi Ruthl

Welcome to the group. When I was first diagnosed I found this group incredibly helpful. I didn’t post much myself but reading everyone’s stories really made me feel as though I wasn’t on my own. The ladies on here are lovely and have a wealth of experience. Sending hugs

Linda

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ruthl,

Hope you are okay as you can be. Happy to answer any questions, you can read my bio for my story. There are some really knowledgeable people on here who I have learned much from. Happy Sunday x

• Hi thanks for writing back … just read your story… wow you have been through a lot… so inspiring to see your journey… I think the hardest part so far for me is waiting… the not knowing… the automatic death sentence you put upon yourself… anyway feeling frozen and massive anxiety is all part of the process I suppose x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruthl

Yep I totally understand. I was in complete shock/denial at first and as you say, you hear the word cancer and think that's it. It was hard to hear the word incurable for me but my dad lived with cancer for over 14 years so I know it doesn't mean your immediate demise.  Were you given an initial grade and stage or are you waiting for results? When they first told me in A and E I suddenly started shaking all over, it was obviously shock. I am defnitely at peace with it now but I feel well and know treatment has worked so that has given me a boost. I think just take it day by day. Take care and good luck x

• Hi Ruthl, I’m dealing with skin cancer so don’t know the processes for what you are going through, I’m sure you will get some excellent support here. I do understand the feeling frozen and the massive anxiety you are feeling. A friend of mine told me that it’s the one club none of us want to be a member of. I just want you to know that you are not alone and everyone here will try to support you as much as you can. Good luck with your treatment and please get in touch if you just want to offload.

Take care of yourself

• Hi Ruthi

Im sorry to hear of your diagnosis, it’s definitely not something you want to hear, when I first found out in October last year, I was in shock and blacked out when I was told, it is definitely scary and it takes awhile to get your head around it all.  Give yourself time, and be kind to yourself.  

It is definitely the waiting and not knowing that is the worst.  It may depend on the stage and grade of cancer as to what treatment you have, I had a total hysterectomy and am currently undergoing chemotherapy, with the possibility of radiotherapy afterwards, the stage I had is stage 3 grade 2.  You usually find out the stage and grade after the histology results after you have had a hysterectomy.

Good luck with everything and if you have any questions or just need to talk, you are in the right place, everyone in this group will help.  Let us know how you get on.

Ange