Hiya to everyone

• 1 reply
  • 69 subscribers
  • Good morning I would like to introduce myself I'm a 48yr old mum of 4 and nanna to 1, since 2019 I have not been myself I had a over 20mm thickened endometrium they said it was a polyp that caused it, and it was benign but ever since then I've had so many issues with my health, anemia, blood transfusion, iron I.V the list is endless but now it seems different my endometrial thickness is now over 30mm with no sign of polyps but it's the other symptoms pain in both my hips across my lower right side of back and the tiredness is appalling not to mention the water retention in both my legs and weight gain I'm on a fast track for a hysteroscopy but I'm worrying so much.
  • Hi and a warm welcome to our group of lovely supportive ladies. We're not medically trained, just between us have a wealth of accumulated knowledge so I can't say, except for the thickened endometrium if your symptoms are womb cancer (I only say that as I've seen the pain and other symptoms you mentioned on another forum)

Once you've had your hysteroscopy and biopsies done things will be clearer and you'll probably be sent for CT and MRI scans.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and how you came to find yourself here. Why not take a few moments to update your profile. It's always helpful for us to read if we want to ask you questions and you also won't end up repeating yourself. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) . You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett