No idea

• 12 replies
  • 88 subscribers

8 weeks ago I was diagnosed with a tumour on my ovary and told I had endometrial cancer 7 weeks ago I had a full abdominal hysterectomy and was told that fluid had seeped out into my ovary and they were not sure where else so I had an mri and I’m expecting the results soon I’ve been told I will have to have chemo and radiotherapy. I’m scared and don’t know what to do or what to ecspect 

• Bless you Lorraine, it sounds like you have a lot on your mind and feel a bit overwhelmed. Are you saying you had a hysterectomy only a week after diagnosis? Were you told the type, grade and stage of the cancer? I’d encourage you to have a chat with your CNS team - you will hopefully have been given their phone number. There’s several ladies on the group being given chemo and radio, or just about to start, who can support you. 

• Uterine cancer which has spread to the ovary stage 3a

• Hi Lorraine, sorry to hear about your diagnosis it is a scary time and can be overwhelming.  I am stage 3 because it has gone to 2 of my lymph nodes in my pelvis so I am on chemotherapy.  It all seems really scary when you have the pre assessment when they give you all the information but once you get into it it’s not as daunting as it seems.  I have been quite lucky and not had too many side effects, I take anti sickness tablets for the first few days after and I suffer with pains in my legs and sometimes fatigue. X

• There’s a number of stage 3 ladies on here who can support you - one is  . Hope you get your results soon so that you can know the details of your treatment plan.

• Sorry to hear you are going through this worrying time.  

I am currently being seen by a hospital which has an extremely good reputation and even the consultant oncologist said to me my diagnosis was slightly unusual and was not what they were expecting to see.  

I mention this as endometrial cancer is usually very slow growing and yet you have been told yours has spread.  

I do hope you are not incorrectly diagnosed with a stage 3 cancer when in fact you may have two separate stage 1 cancers (i.e. ovarian cancer and endometrial cancer) which would have a different treatment plan.   

My bio shows the full details of my diagnosis. I was diagnosed following my hysterectomy with two separate cancers (ovarian cancer and endometrial cancer) and neither cancer had spread.  

• Hi and a warm welcome to our group in the Online Community. We've ladies in various stages of treatment so I'm sure one will identify with what you're going through. 

I myself was stage 1b/grade 3 after my hysterectomy but a year later I was clear of Endometrial cancer but it's  now spread to the peritoneum, omentum, vaginal cuff and I have lesions on liver and spleen. So I'm just about to have my 6th cycle of Chemotherapy this Friday. So if you've any questions fire away, someone will be long to answer.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find more information covering diagnosis and treatments there are pages covering most types of cancers which can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• They say it’s uterine carcinoma spread to ovary stage 3a then says my tumour is grade 1 endometrial adenocarcinoma I have had a hysterectomy so how does the ovarian bit matter can anyone explain this

• Hi Lorraine, I was stage 3a, grade 1. I was diagnosed Dec 2020, had full hysterectomy, chemo and radiotherapy finished in September 2021, clear scan and two regular check up since. I was so worried about having to have the extra treatments but I can honestly say as daunting as they were I got through them Okay and were no where near as bad as what I was expecting. I know right now you must be completely overwhelmed but the nurses at your treatments will really make you feel at ease and get you through. If you need to ask anything please do xx

• Lorraine, obviously I’m not a doctor and I’d advise to contact your CNS to have a proper chat about it, but what it *may* be is that because the cancer spread within your uterus, they’re recommending chemo and radio to deal with any cells that may be in your lymphatic space. Do you know if they sampled any of your lymph nodes during your hysterectomy?