Hello, waiting for endometrial biopsy and hysteroscopy date

• 9 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hello,

I'm new to the site and forum. One of my closest friends died from breast cancer in January, and so haven't told my friends about urgent GP referral. Don't want to worry them unnecessarily, but missing my usual support group.

I've joined the group as I'm finding the waiting very hard. I had my first hospital appointment two weeks ago, next step is endometrial biopsy and hysteroscopy. I was told I'd be phoned quite quickly with appointment, but nothing yet. I expect the biopsy results will take some time too, once this does happen.

I have two children (11 and 9) so life is busy. Any tips for how to cope with waiting? It is mostly at night I'm struggling to sleep.

Thank you,

• I phoned up Dr's secretary after 7 days she found results on computer printed them out and gave to dr got appt that same week told I have womb cancer just had mri today so moving up the chain

• Hello, Are you having the hysteroscopy and biopsy under anaesthetic? (I did). Some women find the h and b hard to tolerate, in which case do not be afraid to ask if it can be done under anaesthetic. My biopsy results were about 3 weeks after the procedure but I think it is usually quicker than that. Don't get ahead of yourself with your worries. Wait and see what the medics tell you. If you have questions, make a note of them now and take them to your appointments. Write down the answers too. Sometimes it is hard to remember what you have been told, especially if there is a lot of information. Ask for a contact phone number, in case you have further questions after your appointment. As you are still awaiting a hysteroscopy appointment I wonder if your GP can chase it up for you? Or you could ring the consultant's secretary and ask about it? Good luck. LR.

• Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I have a biopsy Tuesday and understand the worry you are going through. But I'm doing my best to not get ahead of myself and not worry until I know more. Sending positive thoughts your way.

• Hi and welcome to our spot in the Online Community. I'm sorry to read about your friend. It must be hard confiding your fears to your friends but you've got us to talk to now. We know exactly how you feel at the moment as we've all been there. We all agree the waiting is the worst part. Our NHS are brilliant and you'll get your appointment soon. As mentioned you are entitled to have your biopsy and hysteroscopy done under general anaesthetic. I did because the nurse was unable to insert a virginal speculum into my vagina as I had a stenosed cervix. I'd also not had children. Some ladies have had the procedure done without problems, just little discomfort for others it's a different story.

It's usually a 2 week wait until the results are through. In the meantime you might be sent for a CT scan and a MRI scan. 

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thank you for your message, so sorry to read about your diagnosis. Thank you for sharing that you rang for results. x

• Not under anaesthetic, thank you for your message and for letting me know this is a possible option. I will definitely take notes at any future appointments, thank you. It will help me feel a little more in control. I think I will make a call tomorrow afternoon too, if I've still not heard anything. Bw, x

• Thoughts with you for Tuesday, thank you for your lovely message x

• Thank you for your kind note and for sharing all this information and advice, much appreciated x

• Hi  I don't think I've seen you here before so welcome to the group. We've all been through these anxious time but being able to talk on here helps no end.

Hope your biopsy goes well tomorrow, if you want to chat more, someone's always here.

Barb x

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett