Endometrial cancer

• 8 replies
  • 88 subscribers

Hi

Thank you for adding me to the group. I had a total hysterectomy 3 weeks ago after being diagnosed at Grade 3. I had my first check up today - I am not sure what Stage I am - the cancer hasn’t spread out of the Uterus however because no lymph nodes were taken I now need a cycle of between 4-6 chemo sessions, a CT scan at the end of that and depending on the outcome of that, radiotherapy. 

I am obviously terrified so any advice or suggestions going forward with chemo would be wonderful.

Wyn

• It's a very upsetting time and its normal to be frightened as you don't know what's going to happen. I was diagnosed with stage 4b endometrial cancer in December. I had 5 chemo sessions(palitaxal and carboplatin) then a complete hysterectomy, lymph node removal and tumour removed from my peritoneal cavity(the fatty bit of your abdomen). I don't need radiotherapy and there is evidence that the chemo has worked and I need another 2 chemo sessions, carboplatin only as the palitaxal has caused neuropathy in my fingers and feet. I would say you've got this. You need to take it one day at a time and be aware that a for a week after the chemo you may feel tired(so rest), sick(they give you tablets for nausea and they're great) constipated(senna) and food not only tastes strange, but the textures weird as well(water felt oily) These were the symptoms I had but they vary from person to person. 10 days after the first treatment my hair started to fall out so I took control and buzzed the lot off with my horse clippers. It's growing back now. I didn't have a wig and wore funky scarves instead(off etsy)Make yourself the priority,be selfish and get as much rest as you can. Eat whatever you fancy, pamper yourself and let others look after you. The team that are looking after you will be amazing and nothing will be too much trouble. Hope this helps and just stay positive.

• Hello ladies and and welcome both to our spot in the Online Community. It's a scary place to arrive but rest assured you're both in good hands, we've a lovely supportive group of ladies who know what you've been/going through. None of us expected to be here but we can get through this with the help and support of those already here.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi . Just re-read your post and thought to myself how wonderful it is that ladies, new to this forum can show so much positivity and support to those who have just arrived here so a great big "Thank You" from me! For everyone who can take some of the fear of this bloomin' awful disease and made it "doable" it's a fabulous feeling!

Sending big hugs, Barb xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

1. Hello Hs599 I’m sorry to hear you had stage 4b so pleased you have had surgery. Now only Needing 2 more sessions of chemo! That’s amazing. It gave me some comfort as that’s what I have stage 4b I’m 76 but a fit ole biPray tone1esides this.  Cheeky to ask but where in the U.K. do you live is this treatment like a post code lottery. I live in lovely Lincolnshire…. because my MDT team at Nottingham decided all I will get is chemo to see how things go. I have it on my omentum  too. Was found when a radical hysterectomy was planned. While I was anaesthetised they found it on the omentum biopsy was frozen and path lab said it’s an adenocarcinoma, and they abandoned the  surgery. They said I was 1b to start with ,  such a shock. Now being told it’s 4… But reading your message has given me some hope as the gynaecologist oncologist was not giving me any. Just the ifs the maybes the possibles. I have a telephone appointment on Monday 28th with the oncologist from my local hospital I suppose to discuss treatment. Thank you again God bless you and good luck with everything. Thank you for sharing your story. You have given me hope…. I’m a great great grandmother so have a huge family I’m the old matriarch I haven’t told my dear family everything yet even though they know I have endometrial cancer not the stage they are all supportive but devastated. I did have stage 4 Non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 2007 got the all clear 4 months later, and it never returned, but it came back for me in the form of endometrial cancer Pray tone1Thumbsdown tone1 so I have worn this tee shirt before. Doesn’t make it any easier especially putting my huge loving family through it again…..  I hate myself SobSob   Scarlett1945 
  • Hi Scarlett1945. I live in Cheshire and have all my treatment at The Christie in Manchester. After my chemo and finishing my treatment , I had a scan in September that was all clear then one in December that showed I had further lymph node swelling and cavitating pulmonary metastases in my right lung. They are treating this with progesterone.I don't feel ill and still feel positive. My oncologist says that people take the hormones for years. At no point has anyone said to me you've got x amount of time to live , and apart from the Macmillan nurse when I was first diagnosed have had positivity and support from everyone. Heather

• Hello Heather thank you for your reply. You are such an amazing lady. I’m praying this person that phones me on Monday 28th to tell me what my treatment will be gives me some positive and encouragPray tone1words. I’m sorry you still have to get further treatment with the pulmonary metastasis. Thank God your feeling well. The nurse on here wasn’t  very positive either she confirmed that normally onlyPray tone1mo will given. When I said goodbye to her on live chat…. my few last words were I will be back when I’m in remission she very kindly said the aim will be to control your cancer only , but do rememPray tone1to ask the oncologist that phones you on Monday. Yes I will be doing that for sure. Control I guess that will have to do Pray tone1Pray tone1Pray tone1 Stay safe thank you again. God bless you  Gwen 

• Dear HS599.  You go girl! You’ve got this.  Stay positive and well xxKeep posting.  It’s lifts all of us. Sending you lots of love and good wishes