Radiation therapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 86 subscribers

I’ve been told I’m not a suitable candidate for an operation and have been offered radiation therapy instead. Has anybody had this for womb cancer and was it effective? 
Im totally numb at the moment. 
Honeybear

• Hi . I'm sure I've read on this forum some ladies have only had radiation therapy but I can't recall who what it was! Hopefully you'll get an reply from someone soon.

In the meantime you could Ask a Nurse but you'd need to wait a day or two for a reply.

Hope that helps, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi honeybear,

I can't remember anyone on here having just radiotherapy, but I guess it could happen. Both my husband and daughter have had radiotherapy to prevent the cancer from returning. My husband had throat cancer , my daughter breast cancer. I have heard of people having radiotherapy to shrink the cancer before an operation.There are also people on here who are having hormone therapy. It all depends what they think is best for you. Were you assigned to a Special nurse?( CNS) She could probably give you more information about your case. xxxx