The womb girls arts and crafts

• 596 replies
  • 80 subscribers

I decided to start a thread for any arts and crafts you do and want to share. I know I post in others but I just wanted to share how much its helping to calm my mind and would definitly recommend everyone having a go. You don't have to be prefect just happy with your own achievement. Its Daloni that actually gave me this idea for a thread with her wonderful things she makes. So here is our very own girls.

My latest project...

I have done the shading but I think I may add some colour maybe watercolor not totally decided yet.

• Nope, it's reputed to be sunny - as in Sunny - - - - - -.  ?

• Sheffield

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• JTSN got it, sunny scunny!  Notemthe brown smoke coming from the steelworks chimney

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to hysteria53

Sorry, I was a bit cheeky really as I'm not part of your group, I've got incurable breast cancer so lurk around those groups.

I was looking for some help  for my Aunt and she is very much into art so had a quick look to see if it was something she would enjoy. Very difficult to get her involved in anything so I'm probably banging my head against the wall.

Your picture made me laugh, thought I spotted my husband and brothers heading for Glanford Park!

Love to you all in the group and good luck with your futures x

• It's nice to hear from you all the same and sounds as though you might be in the Scunthorpe area like me if your menfolk support the iron!  If you read GBear's posts youll realise how art helps her, and I know doing a bit of drawing or photography can totally absorb me and completely take me away from any worries.  Hope you can get your aunt involved and best wishes for you on your journey .xx

• Hi there Jtsn, it’s great when people drop in from other groups to say hello and share with us. Would your Aunt go to an art class/group if you went with her? Or does she maybe prefer to paint etc in her own? Your local library might have a list of art clubs or other arts/crafts venues she could join. Or maybe you could encourage her to have a go at sketching or something at home if she’s reluctant to join in with anything organised. Or take a leaf from my daughters’ book. I really enjoy knitting.  Last year I said in their hearing that I’d like to learn to crochet. I didn’t think anything of it but they’d remembered and for  my birthday they bought me a fantastic bag to keep all my knitting things in and also a crochet hook, some crochet cotton and a lovely colour illustrated guide to crochet for beginners. I had no choice but to learn some basic stitches! Now they each want a throw/blanket making!! 

Sending you and your Aunt lots of good wishes. Happy crafting!  xx

• Hello ,

No problem, i dont think you are being cheeky at all, infact i am happy to hear people’s interest. I found art and crafts when i started going the hospice, i found the place safe and peaceful and somehow, watching and learning to do different arts and crafts was really good. I was never very artistic but somehow its been switched on. So now I associate my arts and crafts with a feeling of being safe and everything around me peaceful as i find i can zone out, because of being so engrossed.

I am sure if your Aunt loves arts etc, maybe if she doesn’t feel comfortable joining a group perhaps there is something you could do together. As others have said there is such a wide range of things you can do from needlework to drawing and painting. I have got together some wooden boxes for some of the group who haven’t got a memory box so with that you can decorate it how you like and put photos or anything that triggers a memory. So i plan to at least look at what i am like to put in mine, i am Lucky that i was low stage so i have a future to place as much memories as possible but i was taking with a lady today who was saying that they looked nice and we all sort of said why dont we make one? 

At home i am busy drawing a picture i am going to have a go at Watercolor, like the arcylic painting i did I haven’t done Watercolor, so I thought why not. I have also done and still enjoy wood burning and i was hoping to finish the one i am doing at the hospice next week because its a present for my Dad. Just got to finish the varnish on it. But once done i will share with you all.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Hi jtsn,

I have no artistic ability at all but I really enjoy the adult colouring books, they help clear my mind. It might be an easy place for your aunt to start if she is reluctant, all you need is a book and some pens.

Xx

• This is one of my new projects, very much a work in progress, still got to draw in a few details before I paint and I am going to have a go at watercolor.