Vulva cancer

• 4 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi 

I'm new here. Was diagnosed with vulva cancer 3 years ago. I am now worried it has come back again. Seeing the gynaecologist on the 21st. My question is -: has anyone noticed that the opening to their urethra  is showing white? Also I have concens about my perineum, which now seems to have a white patch. Grateful for any help here. Thanks.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Chrissie,

Try not to worry too much. It is quite possible that the white patches appearing could be Lichin Sclerosis (especially if it is itchy as well).  It is a condition that can be controlled with steroid cream but well worth getting it checked out. 

I have has this for years and only this year diagnosed with Vulva cancer. After 2 operations and a recent biopsy check on an angry lymph node, I was told all was ok. 

There is always a path forward, good luck.

Anniee

• Thanks Anniee.

I know we always think the worst. Fingers crossed it will be ok but I did have the HPV virus & that's why I think it's not LS. Hope you are OK and going for regular check ups.