Vin?

• 7 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Just had my first referral appointment with gynae. I'm now waiting for biopsy appointment. Hoping it happens soon. Dr said most probably 'vin'. I,ve had l.s.for approx 20years. Thanks and it,s good to be here, if unfortunate!!

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thankyou Latchbrook! Yes I,m very new here! I will do as you suggest and put my,as for now,very limited story on my profile.Thanks again and loads of best wishes to you!

• Hi  and welcome!

I’m sorry to read you’ve had LS for such a long time-I’m sure that’s not an easy thing to live with. I hope your biopsy will be completed soon and that it confirms VIN rather than anything more serious, since VIN itself is not cancer. 

However, it’s always difficult to be waiting for tests and results and time can seem to drag so I hope you’ll have answers soon. I had a different gynaecological cancer but I can empathise with how difficult things in that area can be for us. 

I hope you’ll let the group know how you get on, and good luck!

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thankyou Sarah.I will keep going with updates as they occur. Best wishes to you!

• I probably should have added when I saw my GP she stated she didn't think what she saw on examination was "anything too serious".Obviously she referred me anyway.Also when I was examined by the consultant she asked if I,d had surgery on my vulva as there was a scar.I have never had surgery to that area!? I have no idea whether all of the above sounds like good news or not.I suppose I will just hBlusho be patient and see it through! Patience is a virtue I believe!!

• Hi  

Welcome to the online forum, although I am sorry you find yourself here.

I am glad your GP doesn't think it is anything to serious.

I have previously had VIN3 and Vulval cancer. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Take care, 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Tallie. 
    Like you I had LS my GP first gave me cream to try which did not help. She then did an urgent referral and within 2 weeks I saw consultant. He just diagnosed LS but decided to do a biopsy just to be sure. Two weeks later he phoned to say they had found VIN3 and told I would need surgery. 2 months later I had surgery to remove a small area. I had 3 weeks feeling uncomfortable with the stitches then had a small area with an infection but antibiotics sorted that. My histology report came back showing no cancer. So I now just have to have regular checks. Thought I would tell my story to let you know that it isn’t all bad news. I think my self very lucky that it was found early. 
    good luck with your diagnosis.