Just new here

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Was diagnosed with vulva cancer on the 14th of February and I have been trying to get some help saw surgeon on 6th of March & signed consent form & have not heard any news about operation. Since then have had another area biopsies & been told it could take up to thirteen weeks for the results getting really down 

• Hi AmronB,

13 weeks seems an incredibly long time to wait for biopsy results.  I was told 2 weeks is the normal time. Try having a word with the Secretary of the Consultant who got you to sign the consent form and request at least a telrphone consultation with the Consuktant or face to face meeting to discuss the delays.  Maybe you could be transferred to another hospital with a shorter waiting list for surgery. Or it could be there is no panic to operate immediately, but a discussion with the right people should put your mind at rest.

Good luck

Anniee

• Sorry for not replying sooner! The 13 week wait was for another area on my buttox,wich was a squamous cell carcinoma in situ, it had been removed at biopsy but, Dermatology wanted to give me imiqmoid cream to use on the area, this was stopped by team who were doing local wide excision gynaecology, this was done on the 3rd of June. I now don't know if I should get back in touch with Dermatology for other area or let it go, as my follow up appointment with Dermatology is not till November, I know this could maybe all panic in me but the two departments don't seem to be in touch with each other now.

Feeling alone & confused SobSob